This has been a long asked question. Who should pay, the model or the photographer?
The more I think of this the more I think it really depends.
- Who wants to work with who?
- Who benefits?
- What are the benefits?
- What’s the experience level of each?
In personal opinion here are a couple scenarios:
- Both have similar experience and exposure: Trade makes the most sense.
- Photographer has more experience and exposure: Model pays.
- Model has more experience and exposure: Photographer pays.
- Photographer can offer more than model: Model pays or Trade
- Group Photoshoot, models have more experience and exposure than photographers: depending on the type of shoot, trade or photographer pays.
- Group photoshoot, photographers have more experience/exposure than models: Trade or models pay
- Models or photographers cancel or rechedule: whoever reschedules or cancels should have to pay a deposit, unless it’s sickness or emergency last minute.